Do you want to pursue a career in the security and safety sector? If yes, then SASSETA learnership programmes might be the perfect opportunity for you. The Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA) is a public organisation that provides learnerships and training programmes to empower individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in the security and safety industry. In this post, we will discuss everything you need to know about SASSETA learnerships, including the requirements, benefits, and how to apply.
What is a SASSETA Learnership?
SASSETA learnerships are training programmes designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in the safety and security sector. The learnerships are conducted in partnership with registered training providers and are accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The learnerships are usually offered for a duration of 12 to 24 months, depending on the programme.
SASSETA learnerships cover a wide range of fields, including security guarding, firearm handling, event security, and crowd management. The programmes aims to provide both theoretical and practical training to learners, with a focus on developing their technical skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities.
SASSETA offers learnerships in the following areas:
- Criminal Transportation
- Correctional Services
- Disciplinary action
- Forensic Science
- National Intelligence
- Private Security
- Witness Support
Benefits of SASSETA Learnership Programmes
SASSETA learnerships offer numerous benefits to learners, including:
1. Practical work experience: Learnerships provide an opportunity for individuals to gain practical work experience in the safety and security industry. This experience is essential for building a successful career in the sector.
2. Accredited qualifications: The learnerships offered by SASSETA are accredited by SAQA, which means that learners who complete the program will receive a nationally recognized qualification.
3. Employment opportunities: SASSETA learnerships targets to equip learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in the safety and security sector. This makes them highly employable, with many learners securing employment immediately after completing the programme.
4. Personal development: SASSETA learnerships offer learners the opportunity to develop their personal and professional skills, including communication, problem-solving, and teamwork.
5. Financial support: Learners who enrol in SASSETA learnerships may be eligible for financial support, including a stipend to cover living expenses and transport costs.
Requirements for SASSETA Learnership Application
To be eligible for SASSETA learnerships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a South African citizen or permanent resident
2. Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
3. Have a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification
4. Be physically fit and able to perform the duties required in the industry
5. Have no criminal record
6. Have good communication and interpersonal skills
7. Be willing to undergo further training and development
How to Apply for SASSETA Learnerships
Applicants who meet these requirements can apply for SASSETA learnerships through registered training providers. The application process usually involves submitting a CV, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents, and completing an application form. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for an interview, after which successful applicants will be enrolled in the learnership program.
To begin your application, go to the SASSETA website.
SASSETA learnerships offer a great opportunity for individuals who want to pursue a career in the safety and security sector. The programmes aims to provide learners with practical work experience, accredited qualifications, and personal development opportunities. To be eligible for SASSETA learnerships, applicants must meet certain requirements, including being a South African citizen or permanent resident, having a Grade 12 certificate, and being physically fit. If you meet these requirements, we encourage you to explore the various learnerships offered by SASSETA and take the first step towards a successful career in the safety and security industry.