The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) plays a vital role in the education sector, ensuring quality teaching and learning in Kenyan schools. TSC regularly conducts recruitment drives to fill teaching vacancies across the country. If you are passionate about shaping young minds and aspire to become a teacher, understanding the TSC recruitment process is crucial. In this post, we will delve into the requirements and step-by-step procedure for applying to the TSC.
Requirements for TSC Recruitment
- Educational Qualifications: To be eligible for TSC recruitment, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized institution.
- Specialized subject teachers must have a relevant degree in their field of specialization.
- Diploma in Education graduates are eligible to apply for vacancies in primary schools.
- TSC Number: Prospective applicants must have a valid TSC number. If you don’t have one, you can apply for it through the TSC online platform.
- Certificate of Good Conduct: All applicants must possess a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI). This certificate verifies that the applicant has no previous criminal records.
- Professional and Ethical Requirements: As a teacher, you are expected to uphold high professional and ethical standards. TSC requires teachers to adhere to the Code of Regulations for Teachers (2015). Candidates must familiarize themselves with these regulations to ensure compliance.
How to Apply for TSC Recruitment
- Check for Announcements: Regularly visit the TSC website (www.tsc.go.ke) or local newspapers for official announcements regarding recruitment. The advertisements will provide information on available vacancies, application deadlines, and any specific requirements.
- Register on the TSC Online Platform: Before applying, you must register on the TSC online portal. Visit the TSC website and create an account using your personal details, including a valid email address.
- Log into the TSC Portal: Once registered, log into your TSC account using the provided credentials. This will give you access to the application portal.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the application form online with accurate and up-to-date information. Ensure that you provide all the necessary details, including your educational qualifications, personal information, work experience, and TSC number.
- Attach Required Documents: Scan and upload the necessary documents, including your academic certificates, Certificate of Good Conduct, and any other supporting documents as specified in the application guidelines.
- Review and Submit: Thoroughly review your application to ensure all information and attached documents are accurate. Once you are satisfied, submit your application.
- Print the Application Acknowledgment Receipt: After submission, print the application acknowledgment receipt for your records. The receipt will contain important details such as your application number and the date of submission.
- Wait for Shortlisting and Interview: After the application deadline, the TSC will review the submitted applications and shortlist qualified candidates for interviews. Shortlisted applicants will be notified through the TSC online portal or via email.
- Attend the Interview: If you are shortlisted, prepare for the interview by reviewing the subject matter, teaching methodologies, and current trends in the education sector. Dress professionally and arrive at the designated interview venue on time.
- Await Selection and Deployment: Following the interviews, successful candidates will be notified of their selection.
Contact Teachers Service Commission Kenya
Teachers Service Commission – Kenya
Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill
020 289 2000
0722 208 552
0777 208 552