SITA offers over 30 Learnership programs annually. Follow the guide available below to see how you can apply for the various programs available.
SITA was founded in 1999 to consolidate and coordinate the state’s information technology resources to gain cost savings through scale, boost delivery capabilities, and improve interoperability. SITA is dedicated to leveraging information technology (IT) as a strategic resource for the government, managing the IT procurement and delivery process to ensure that the government obtains the most value for money, and utilizing IT to assist in the delivery of e-Government services to all residents.
In a nutshell, SITA is the IT division of South Africa’s largest employer and consumer of IT products and services, the government. Furthermore, the Act distinguishes SITA’s services as mandatory (i.e., SITA must provide) and non-mandatory (i.e., SITA may give). They remain committed to adhering to the government’s “IT House of Values” in all of its interactions, to reduce costs, increase productivity, and provide better service to our residents.
SITA Learnership Program
SITA provides thirty (30) excellent Learnership opportunities in the Information Technology (IT) industry.
Learners who complete a 12-month training program and achieve the minimum standards will qualify for absorption into crucial roles across SITA’s numerous IT departments.
See how you can apply for the various available programs.
Who is Eligible for SITA Learnership Programs?
To apply for SITA Learnserships you must meet the following requirements:
- South African citizens
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- Applicant must be unemployed
- South Africans who have Matric or Grade 12 or a further Educational and Training Certificate (NQF level 4) with Mathematics and/or Computer Application Technology (CAT). IT exposure will be an added advantage.
- Applicants should not participate in any other learnership programs.
Note: To qualify for SITA Learnerships, you do not need to have any working experience. SITA also encourages people with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply for SITA Learnership
Kindly send your CV, certified copies of original qualifications, and a copy of your SA ID document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and this position will be filled following the Employment Equity Plan.
- SITA limits correspondence to shortlisted candidates.
- If you do not hear from them within two months of the application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- SITA rejects applications after the deadline.
- The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) must review the applicant’s international qualifications.
- Only candidates who meet the qualifications should apply.
- SITA maintains the right to refuse an appointment.
- An appointment is contingent on obtaining a positive security clearance, verifying the applicant’s documents (Qualifications), and reviewing references.
- SITA does not accept CVs sent by recruitment agencies.