The Correctional Services Learnership is the opportunity to gain skills, information, workplace behavior, and experience in the field of corrections while earning money every month for the duration of the program.
About the Correctional Services Learnership
The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) is seeking individuals from various areas with diverse interests and acceptable qualifications to participate in the Further Education and Training Certificate in Corrections Services Learnership (NQF Level 4). The students will be trained in the fields of offender rehabilitation through correction and human development in a secure, safe, and compassionate detention facility or under community-based correctional supervision. The medium of instruction will be English.
What are the Requirements for Correctional Services Learnership?
- South Africans who have a Grade 12 or Standard 10 certificate; or
- South Africans who have completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4); or
- Applicants with qualifications in Correctional Services Management or Penology must attach certified copies of these qualifications.
- The applicants must be prepared to subject themselves to physical training and firearms training conducted by DCS, and
- The applicants must be prepared to disclose information and allow DCS to verify their submitted qualifications and citizenship.
How to Apply for Correctional Services Learnership
- Go to the Correctional Services Learnersip Application Portal.
- Download the application form. (You can also get the Learnership application forms from your nearest management area/correctional services offices/correctional centers, and regional offices.)
- Complete the application form in your handwriting.
- Specify the learnership post to which you are applying (e.g. The FET Certificate in Corrections Services Learnership in DCS: Gauteng Region: Leeuwkop Ref: G2/2019).
- Ensure that you complete and sign the application form (neither by a proxy, agent, nor representative of the applicant).
- Attach certified copies of your matriculation certificate or equivalent, Identity Document (ID), proof of residence, and an affidavit of the owner of the property if the applicant is not the owner of the property, that is not older than  months.
- The program does not accept late, incomplete, or unsigned application forms. Please ensure that the certification date and the date stamp is the same.
- Furthermore, do not fax or email your application forms.
- Do not submit photocopies of completed forms.
- Applicants are to apply for the learnership enrolment within the Management Area where they reside and the addresses provided will be verified as part of the recruitment and selection processes.