The Kenyan Army is pleased to tell the public that it is recruiting suitable candidates for several roles within the organization. To apply for the recruitment program, please review the Kenya Navy Recruitment Application Guide below.
The following is an outline of the recruitment program:
About the Kenyan Navy
The Kenya Navy is the naval branch of the Kenya Defence Forces. It is headquartered in Mombasa.
Its primary mission is to:
- defend and protect the rights of the Republic of Kenya against seaborne aggression.
- to assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergencies and disasters and to restore peace in any other part of Kenya affected by unrest or inability as assigned
Kenyan Navy Recruitment
The Kenyan Navy’s primary mission is to defend and protect the rights of the Republic of Kenya against seaborne aggression.
Interested candidates must be willing to work alone as well as with a team.
Note: The Kenya Navy Recruitment Program is FREE.
Is the Kenyan Navy Recruitment Ongoing?
Yes. The Kenyan Navy is accepting applications from interested applicants who wish to take up several roles in the agency.
Kenya Navy Recruitment Category
The Kenya Navy Recruiting Teams will be visiting the recruitment centers listed below to recruit the following:
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets,
- General Service Officer Cadets – Graduate degree holders,
- General Duty Recruits, and
- Defence Forces Constables
Kenya Navy Recruitment Minimum Requirements
To qualify for the Kenyan Navy Recruitment Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally, four (4) copies of the National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
- Be between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
- Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test.
- Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants.
- Minimum Height: Men – 60m (5ft 3in), Women – 52m (5ft)
- Minimum Weight: Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb), Women – 50.00 Kg (110 lb)
- Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment or during the training period.
- Medical candidates must be physically fit, and their skin must be free of large or deep scars and tattoos.
- Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women must have at least two (2) years of experience in their field of specialization from the date of registration with the applicable regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
- A copy of your ID card, back and front (PDF or JPEG)
- Certificate of completion of the KCSE (PDF)
- Master’s degree, Diploma, and professional certificates (PDF)
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume (PDF)
How to Apply for KDF Recruitment
- Go to the Kenya Navy Recruitment portal.
- Log in or create an account if you are a new user.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents.