The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the public that it is recruiting interested candidates to take up several roles in the agency. Check out the KDF Recruitment Application Guide below to fill out your application for the recruitment program.
Here is an overview of the agency:
Kenya’s Defence Forces are made up of the Kenya Army, Kenya Air Force, and Kenya Navy. The present Kenya Defence Forces were founded under Article 241 of Kenya’s 2010 Constitution, and their makeup is outlined in the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012. Kenya’s President is the supreme commander of all armed forces.
The KDF is charged with the mandate to defend and promote the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Kenya. Also, to support and collaborate with other authorities in emergency or disaster circumstances and restore calm in any portion of Kenya afflicted by disturbance or instability.
KDF Recruitment Application
Join the Kenyan Army: The Army’s principal objective is to defend the country against external land-based assault.
Join the Kenyan Air Force: The primary mission is to defend and safeguard Kenyan airspace sovereignty at all times.
Join the Kenyan Navy: The primary mission is to defend and safeguard Kenya’s water sovereignty at all times.
Is the KDF Recruitment Ongoing?
Yes. The Kenya Defence Force is accepting applications from interested applicants who wish to take up several roles in the agency.
KDF Recruitment Category
The Kenya Army, Kenya Air Force, and Kenya Navy Recruiting Teams will be visiting the Recruitment Centers listed below to recruit the following:
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets,
- General Service Officer Cadets – Graduate degree holders,
- General Duty Recruits, and
- Defence Forces Constables
KDF Recruitment Minimum Requirements
To qualify for the Kenyan Defence Recruitment program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally, four (4) copies of the National Identity Card and PIN Certificate
- Be between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
- Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test.
- Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants.
- Minimum Height: Men – 60m (5ft 3in), Women – 52m (5ft)
- Minimum Weight: Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb), Women – 50.00 Kg (110 lb)
- Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment or during the training period.
- Medical candidates must be physically fit, and their skin must be free of large or deep scars and tattoos.
- Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women must have at least two (2) years of experience in their field of specialization from the date of registration with the applicable regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
- A copy of your ID card, back and front (PDF or JPEG)
- Certificate of completion of the KCSE (PDF)
- Master’s degree, Diploma, and professional certificates (PDF)
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume (PDF)
How to Apply for KDF Recruitment
- Go to the KDF Recruitment portal.
- Log in or create an account if you are a new user.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents.