The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency invites qualified candidates to apply and serve for the agency. In this NDLEA Recruitment application guide, you will see the steps and requirements to successfully apply for a position at the agency.
Here is an overview of the program:
NDLEA – National Drug Law Enforcement Agency
In Nigeria, the NDLEA is in charge of drug policy and control. The Agency is responsible for preventing the illegal production, importation, exportation, sale, and trafficking of psychoactive substances. Employees of the NDLEA are responsible for the interdiction and destruction of narcotic drugs and other illegal substances. They also engage in drug addiction prevention initiatives such as advocacy, counseling, and drug user rehabilitation.
Is the NDLEA Job Open for Application?
Yes. Interested applicants are welcome to apply. Follow the application guide below to complete your application successfully and have a chance to qualify.
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency welcomes interested applicants to apply and work in the agency.
NDLEA Recruitment Positions
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for and serve in the following positions:
- Superintendent Cadre (General Duties or Specialists)
i. Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics II CONPASS (08)
- First degree/HND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate
ii. Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I CONPASS (09) – Applicants with LL.B, BL, B. Eng (with COREN), B.Pharm, etc will receive the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I CONPASS (09) when they complete their training.
iii. Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics I CONPASS (10) – Applicants with MBBS or DVM will receive the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics I CONPASS (10) when they complete their training.
- Narcotic Agent Cadre
i. Chief Narcotic Agent CONPASS (07)
Requirements: Nigerian certificate of education, registered nurses and midwives, Pharmacy technicians, lab technicians, dental technicians, or its equivalent from a recognized institution
ii. Senior Narcotic Agent CONPASS (06)
Requirements: National Diploma or its equivalent from a recognized institution
iii. Narcotic Agent CONPASS (05)
Requirement: Five Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including English and Mathematics
- Narcotic Assistant Cadre
i. Narcotic Assistant I CONPASS (04)
Requirement: Four Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including English and Mathematics
ii. Narcotic Assistant II CONPASS (03)
Requirement: Three Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including English and Mathematics
iii. Artisans, Mechanics, Drivers, Cleaners/Garners, etc.
Requirement: Show proof of completion of secondary school or Trade Test Grade II or III
General Requirements for NDLEA Recruitment
- Citizenship: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens
ii. Must possess NIN
- Age: First category, applicants must not be less than 20 and not more than 35
ii. Age limit for the second and third categories is 30 and 18+ at the entry point
iii. Fourty will be considered for medical doctors and articulated vehicle drivers.
- Health: Applicant must be medically fit and must produce a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital
- Physical: male applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters and 1.60 meters for females
Other requirements include:
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at the time of recruitment cannot be presented subsequently for career progression in the agency
- Medical and Allied professionals must possess current practicing licenses while lawyers must have been called to Bar.
- Applicant must be drug-free
- Applicant must possess good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offense.
- They must use their personal email and phone number to apply.
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Certificate of State of Origin
- Educational certificates
- National ID card
- Passport Photographs
- NYSC Discharge/ Exemption Certificate
How to Apply for NDLEA Recruitment
Follow this guide to apply for the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Recruitment Program:
- Go to the NDLEA website.
- Click on Careers.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Select the category (position) you want to apply for (see the positions above)
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the required documents (see documents above)
- When you complete your application, print out the slip.
Note: Multiple applications will result in disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
When is the Application Deadline?
Applications for the NDLEA Recruitment program open on March 12 and close on April 8.
NDLEA Shortlisted Candidates
To view the list of qualified applicants:
- Go to the NDLEA application website
- Click on Shortlisted Candidates.
- You will see a list of the qualified candidates