The Australian Navy is a great place to make the most of your existing qualifications and experience. Through the Australian Navy Recruitment Program, you can apply for job openings available in the agency.
Below is an overview of the program:
About the ADF
The Australian Defence Force is a world-class military organization. They provide critical defensive duties while also delivering a variety of peacetime services. It consists of the Navy, Army, and Air Force.
The ADF performs critical defensive duties while also offering a variety of peacetime services, such as:
- Defending Australia and our interests
- Helping communities and supporting international operations
- Protecting trade and commerce
- Adapting to complex strategic environments
Australian Navy Recruitment
The Royal Australian Navy welcomes qualified applicants to apply for jobs in the agency. Each position requires the ability to work on your initiative as well as in a team, as well as the ability to make sound decisions in the face of changing circumstances.
Is the Australian Navy Recruitment Ongoing?
Yes. Applications for the Australian Navy Recruitment are in process. Interested candidates are welcome to apply using the recruitment guide available below.
Australian Navy Job Openings
Here are some of the positions available in the Royal Australian Navy:
Experience some of the world’s most technologically advanced helicopters with a variety of interesting tasks in the cockpit, workshop, or support.
Openings – 10 jobs
- BUSINESS, ADMINISTRATION & EDUCATION
Enjoy unique challenges, variety, and travel, as well as a working environment that is difficult to replicate in equivalent civilian jobs in administration, human resources, training, or law.
Openings – 8 jobs
- COMBAT & SECURITY
Work at the cutting edge of Navy operations on a boat or diver duty, or manage the warfare, intelligence, and communication systems of ships, helicopters, or submarines.
Openings – 24 jobs
- COMMUNICATIONS, IT & INTELLIGENCE
Take charge of gathering, disseminating, and communicating crucial information for Navy tasks ranging from military operations to search and rescue.
Openings – 20 jobs
Apply your abilities to a unique engineering position supervising the maintenance of advanced military helicopters, cutting-edge Navy ships, or high-tech submarines.
Openings – 10 jobs
- HEALTHCARE, SCIENCE & CHAPLAINCY
Take care of Navy personnel’s health, well-being, or pastoral care, and get involved in rewarding work supporting rescue, humanitarian, and disaster-relief missions.
Openings – 16 jobs
- LOGISTICS, HOSPITALITY & SUPPORT
Choose from professions such as logistics, meteorology, public relations, human resources, catering, entertainment, and generalship responsibilities to enjoy a one-of-a-kind lifestyle.
Openings – 17 jobs
- OFFICERS & MANAGEMENT
As a Navy Officer, you will experience responsibility, adventure, and challenges that will push you to reach your full potential in every manner.
Openings – 39 jobs
Benefit from world-class trade training or use your existing qualifications to work with cutting-edge tools and equipment, assisting in the maintenance of our ships, submarines, and helicopters.
Openings – 8 jobs
NAVY Job Application Requirements
Every role you want to apply for has its unique eligibility requirements. Each requirement is in terms of citizenship, age, education & experience, medical & fitness, period of service, aptitude, and security requirements.
When you select a job to apply for, you will see a list of requirements to qualify for the role.
- To serve in the NAVY, you must be an Australian citizen, though permanent residents may be considered for select roles.
- These are application ages, however, you must be at least 17 to join the Air Force. The minimum and maximum ages vary by role.
- To obtain a minimal security clearance, you must have lived in Australia for the previous ten years or have a checkable background.
- The minimum entry-level requirement is passing Year 10 English and Maths
- Possess the required license for the role you are applying for.
- Fit and healthy
How to Apply for an Australian NAVY Career
- Go to the Australian NAVY job application portal.
- Search for the job you want to apply for.
- Click on the job.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Sign in.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents
Australian NAVY Recruitment Process
The Royal Australian NAVY recruitment process is in six steps:
- Apply online
- Attend virtual YOU Session
- Participate in Assessment Session
- Attend Officer Selection
- Take a fitness test
- Attend Enlistment / Appointment Day