The Australian Army is a wonderful place to put your previous qualifications and expertise to use. Through the Australian Army Recruitment Program, you can apply for job openings available in the agency.
Below is an overview of the program:
About the ADF
The Australian Defence Force is a world-class military organization. They provide critical defensive duties while also delivering a variety of peacetime services. It consists of the Navy, Army, and Air Force.
The ADF performs critical defensive duties while also offering a variety of peacetime services, such as:
- Defending Australia and our interests
- Helping communities and supporting international operations
- Protecting trade and commerce
- Adapting to complex strategic environments
Australian Army Recruitment
The Australian Army encourages competent people to apply for available positions. Each position necessitates the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as the ability to make sound judgments in the face of changing circumstances.
Is the Australian Army Recruitment Ongoing?
Yes. Applications for the Australian Army Recruitment Program are in process. Interested candidates are welcome to apply using the recruitment guide available below.
Australian Army Job Openings
Become a pilot who flies high-tech Army helicopters, a technical wizard who services and repairs them, or a member of the ground staff that ensures everything runs smoothly.
Openings – 11 jobs
- BUSINESS, ADMINISTRATION & EDUCATION
As an Officer or Soldier in finance, legal, human resources, education, or administration, you can help guarantee the Army continues to operate successfully and smoothly.
Openings – 12 jobs
- COMBAT & SECURITY
Contribute to the defense of our country in a demanding role that requires physical strength and resilience. You’ll be part of a team at the heart of the action, whether you’re an Infantry Soldier, an Artillery Operator, or a Combat Engineer.
Openings – 39 jobs
- COMMUNICATIONS, IT & INTELLIGENCE
Connect with a job that uses technologically advanced sensor and communication systems to keep the Army in touch, informed, and operationally efficient.
Openings – 18 jobs
Take on engineering issues at the cutting edge of your field, ensuring the Army’s world-class aircraft, armored vehicles, and weapon systems remain at optimal performance.
Openings – 13 jobs
- HEALTHCARE, SCIENCE & CHAPLAINCY
In the varied and gratifying profession of doctor, nurse, dentist, psychologist, scientist, or chaplain, you will look after the well-being of Army soldiers and communities in need.
Openings – 53 jobs
- LOGISTICS, HOSPITALITY & SUPPORT
Accept the challenge of feeding, housing, supplying, and transporting one of Australia’s most active and geographically dispersed workforces while guaranteeing peak operating capability.
Openings – 33 jobs
- OFFICERS & MANAGEMENT
As an Army Officer, you will be part of the next generation of leaders, with the opportunity to acquire highly valued management abilities in a vibrant, modern, and future-focused workplace.
Openings – 77 jobs
Acquire highly sought-after skills and qualifications while working on some of the world’s most fascinating vehicles, planes, and infrastructure in support of Army capability.
Openings -24 jobs
Army Job Application Requirements
Each position for which you wish to apply has its own set of eligibility requirements. Every requirement specifies citizenship, age, education and experience, medical and fitness, time of service, aptitude, and security.
When you select a job to apply for, you will see a list of qualifications for the position.
- To serve in the Army, you must be an Australian citizen, though permanent residents may be considered for select roles.
- These are application ages, however, you must be at least 17 to join the Air Force. The minimum and maximum ages vary by role.
- To obtain minimal security clearance, you must have lived in Australia for the previous ten years or have a checkable background.
- The minimum entry-level requirement is passing Year 10 English and Maths
- Possess the required license for the role you are applying for.
- Fit and healthy
How to Apply for an Australian Army Career
Follow this guide to complete your application for a career in the Australian Army:
- Go to the Australian Army job application portal.
- Search for the job you want to apply for.
- Click on the job.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Sign in.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents
Australian Army Recruitment Process
The Royal Australian Army recruitment process is in six steps:
- Apply online
- Attend virtual YOU Session
- Participate in Assessment Session
- Attend Officer Selection
- Take a fitness test
- Attend Enlistment / Appointment Day