The National Population Commission is recruiting candidates to serve as ad hoc workers for the 2023 census. Check to see how you can apply through the NPC Recruitment Guide below.
About the National Population Commission
The National Population Commission (NPC) is the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s primary data mining commission, in charge of collecting, combining, analyzing, and releasing data about the Nigerian people (its population) and economy. The commission is overseen by Nigeria’s Office of the Presidency, and its chairman is appointed by the country’s President.
National Population Commission Recruitment
The National Population Commission has officially launched its e-recruitment portal, which will be used to recruit ad hoc workers for the 2023 national population and housing census. Nasir Isa-Kwarra, Chairman of the National Population Commission, made this remark during his speech at the portal’s opening in Abuja. He emphasized the need to have the best possible people working on the census.
The Census Manager, Inuwa Jalingo, noted that the Commission expects to receive over 25 million applications for the open positions and that the process must be competitive, fair, and transparent. “The implementation of an e-Recruitment approach is to ensure broad applications from all over the country, minimize bias, and ensure that all qualified Nigerians are given equal opportunity to apply and be recruited and that no one is left behind,” he explained.
Is the NPC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Ongoing?
Applications for the NPC Recruitment Program open on October 31st and close on December 28th, 2022. Interested applicants should apply using the guide provided below.
2023 Census Recruitment Job Openings
The National Population Commission is seeking proposals from qualified individuals to serve as ad hoc employees in the following areas for the 2023 Population and Housing Census:
- Data Quality Assistants
- Data Quality Managers
- Field Coordinators
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officers
- Special Workforce
- Training Centre Administrators
NPC Recruitment Application Requirements
Candidates applying for the NPC Adhoc Staff Recruitment must meet these requirements:
- Applicant must be Nigerian
- Have a National Identification Number (NIN)
- Valid and Functional Gmail Account and Phone Number
- Valid and Functional /Operational Commercial Bank Account (No student/NYSC Account)
- Educational Qualifications.
- Access to and understanding of computers, tablets, and cell phones is advantageous.
How to Apply for National Population Commission Recruitment
Follow this guide to apply for the NPC Recruitment Program:
- Go to the NPC portal – 2023censusadhocrecruitment.nationalpopulation.gov.ng
- Click on Start Application.
- Select Start as ad-hoc Staff.
- Check each box to acknowledge instructions.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on Proceed.
- Enter your NIN and save your application ID.
- Fill out the form.
When is the Application Deadline?
The application period is from October 31st to December 28th, 2022. However, there will be a brief shutdown from November 7th to November 13th for audit and assessment.
How to Check Your NPC Recruitment Application Status
- Go to 2023censusadhocrecruitment.nationalpopulation.gov.ng
- Click on Check Application Status.
- Enter your application code.
- Hit Proceed.
Note: You can only access your application status after closing the application window.