Get the financing you need to further your education through the LIFE Scholarship Program. See the requirements to qualify for the scholarship below.
What is LIFE Scholarship?
The Legislative Incentive for Future Excellence (LIFE) Scholarship is awarded based on merit. Its goal is to increase access to higher education and improve South Carolina students’ employability. It also gives students incentives to properly prepare for college and encourages them to finish on time. Based on the student’s initial college enrollment date, the scholarship may cover the cost of attendance for up to eight terms.
LIFE Scholarship Enhancement
The LIFE Scholarship Enhancement grant provides students with the opportunity to earn additional funding.
How Much is the LIFE Scholarship?
The award amount of the SC scholarship varies.
The LIFE Scholarship grant amount at the University of South Carolina is currently $5,000. In addition to the standard eligibility requirements listed below, please keep in mind that you must meet the LIFE Scholarship Enhancement requirements during your freshman year.
The University of South Carolina will decide on eligibility. The LIFE Scholarship Enhancement grant is $2,500 in addition to the $5,000 initial LIFE Scholarship award, and it is determined by academic level and major.
LIFE Scholarship Requirements
To qualify for the scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen under state residency laws.
- You must be a resident of South Carolina at the time of high school graduation and throughout the award.
- Applicants must have graduated from a South Carolina high school or a high school outside of South Carolina while a dependent of a lawful resident parent or legal guardian.
- You must be an undergraduate student pursuing your first baccalaureate degree full-time.
- You must not be a South Carolina Palmetto Fellows Scholarship recipient.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a second or subsequent misdemeanor involving alcohol or drugs in any state within the previous academic year.
- You must not have been adjudicated delinquent in any state, nor have you been convicted, pled guilty, or nolo contendere to any felony.
- You must not be in arrears on any federal or state financial aid or owe a refund or repayment.
- Applicants must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
How to Apply
Log in to SSC to apply for the Scholarship award.
Accepting your Offer
If you qualify for the Scholarship, you must fill out an eligibility certification statement on Self Service Carolina. Go to SSC and select “Financial Aid, Award, and Aid Year Award.” Then click “Terms and Conditions” to finish the certification. Once you’ve finished the certification, click the “Accept Award Offer” button to claim your scholarship.
Address: 1429 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201