Microsoft aims to provide financial aid to people from backgrounds that may have historically been underrepresented in the technical area. They offer scholarship opportunities to students who show exceptional leadership and devotion to STEM fields. See the Microsoft Scholarship application guide below.
What are Microsoft Scholarships?
Types: Tuition Scholarships and Diversity Conference Scholarshipthry
Each year, Microsoft offers conference and tuition scholarships to support students’ further education in computer science and other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields. Applicants will receive the award in honor of their demonstrated love of technology, academic success, and leadership qualities while working to advance the software business.
Microsoft especially wants people from groups that aren’t well represented in STEM fields to major in them, because they value many different points of view and contributions. Offering scholarships to people from backgrounds that may have historically been underrepresented in the technical area is something they are particularly committed to doing. They give preference to scholarship applications from people who have been leaders in their university’s efforts to make STEM fields more open to people from different backgrounds.
Who is Eligible for the Microsoft Scholarship?
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Microsoft scholarship application:
- At the time you submit your application, you must be studying full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- A track record of distinction or performance in school. You must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA out of a potential 4.0, or a 4.0 cumulative GPA out of a possible 5.0.
- Demonstrate enough progress toward a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a STEM-related field.
Diversity Conference Scholarship
Qualified applicants will receive paid registration to one of the following diversity conferences:
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- National Society of Black Engineers Conference
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Conference
- Tapia Conference
Furthermore, applicants will receive a travel, hotel, and meal stipend of $1,200 USD.
- To be eligible, candidates must be studying full-time in a bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. program at a four-year college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time they apply.
- Applicants must be pursuing Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related STEM field.
Can International Students Apply for the Microsoft Scholarship?
Yes, as long as you meet the other requirements for scholarship eligibility as stated above. And you must be currently studying in a four-year college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Microsoft Scholarship Application Guide
If you want to apply for the Microsoft Tuition and Diversity Conference Scholarships, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Microsoft scholarship application website.
- Click on the application link at the right corner of the page.
- Fill out the application form and submit it.