Google invests in ensuring that women in science achieve success in the field of technology. Through the Generation Google Scholarship EMEA, students can further their education.
Here is an overview of the scholarship program:
About the Generation Google Scholarship EMEA
EMEA – Europe, Middle East, and Africa
The Generation Google Scholarship was made to help talented students who are getting degrees in computer science become leaders in their field and do well in technology.
Generation Google Scholarship EMEA programs:
- Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science
Founded to support aspiring computer scientists in their quest to lead their field and achieve in technology.
- Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming
Established to encourage gamers who are seeking degrees in gaming to promote gender equality in the industry.
- Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science in Ireland
Aimed at assisting budding computer scientists in achieving technological success and becoming leaders in their area.
How Much is the Generation Google Scholarship?
For the next academic section, qualified applicants will receive 7,000 EUR (or the local equivalent). Applicants must use the money from the scholarship to pay for tuition and other required school costs.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
You can apply for the Generation Google scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a university as an undergraduate or graduate student for the current school year.
- Intend to enroll or be accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program at a university with accreditation in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa for the next academic year.
- Enrolled in a program in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical subject.
- Have a solid academic history.
- Show initiative and a commitment to increasing the participation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
What Douments Do I Need to Provide?
- A current resume or CV
- Academic transcripts from your present (if you are currently enrolled) and previous institutions (if you have earned a previous degree)
- Five short essays. Essay questions:
- How did you become interested in computer science, and what are your goals or aspirations when you think about pursuing a degree in this field? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
- Please describe the most significant computer science project or research you have worked on, how you approached key technical challenges, and what you gained from the experience. It might have been a class assignment, a research project, or work as an intern. If the project was team-based, specify your individual role and contributions to the project. Treat this essay as a technical report or research paper. Feel free to use tables, references, or figures.
- Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain how you were influential, what you were trying to achieve, and the impact you had as a result. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your university, or your broader community.
- What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the field of technology face and how do you see yourself as being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
How to Apply for Generation Google Scholarship EMEA
- Go to Build Your Future With Google.
- Click on Scholarships.
- Select Generation Google Scholarships EMEA.
- Click on Apply.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents.
For semifinalists, Google will look at all applications, and finalists will receive the scholarship money immediately. Qualified students can use it for tuition and other school costs. Any scholar who stops meeting the requirements for eligibility will have their award taken away. And any scholar who stops meeting the requirements for eligibility will lose the scholarship. If applicants don’t meet the requirements by the deadline, the winner won’t be able to receive the award.
When is the Scholarship Deadline?
Applications for the Generation Google Scholarship EMEA open in the first quarter of the year.