Bright North American students who want to pursue computer science degrees can take part in the Generation Google Scholarships – North America. Google gives them the opportunity to become future leaders by removing every obstacle in the way of their education.
Read more about the scholarship program below.
About the Generation Google Scholarships – North America
The Generation Google Scholarship – North America was made to help talented students who are getting degrees in computer science become leaders in their field and do well in technology.
Who gets the Generation Google Scholarship will depend on how committed each applicant is to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as how well they have shown they can lead and how well they have done in school.
Generation Google Scholarship programs:
- Generation Google Scholarship for women in gaming
- Generation Google Scholarship for Supply chain and fulfillment
How Much are the Generation Google Scholarships for North America?
For the next academic year, qualified applicants will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada). Applicants must use the money from the scholarship to pay for tuition and other required school costs.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
You can apply for the Generation Google scholarships if you meet the following requirements:
- The scholarship is open to students who identify with groups historically underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, Black and African Americans, Hispanic and Latino people, American Indians, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.
- Applicants must plan to enroll or be accepted as full-time students in a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral program at an approved college or university in the US or Canada for the next academic year.
- Be enrolled in a program in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical subject.
- Establish a solid academic history.
- Show financial need
- Show initiative and a desire to make marginalized groups more visible in computer science and technology.
Note: If you are a previous recipient of any Google scholarship, you are not eligible to apply.
What Documents Do I Need to Provide?
- A current resume or CV
- Academic transcripts from your present (if you are currently enrolled) and previous institutions (if you have earned a previous degree)
- Three short essays. Essay questions:
- Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain what you were trying to achieve, your role, how you influenced others, and the impact as a result of your actions. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of the different communities you are a part of. Keep in mind, the example you choose does not need to be a formal or traditional leadership role.
- What is a significant challenge that impacts historically excluded groups in the field of technology and what do you believe is the root cause of this challenge? What actions have you taken to address this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales. Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken.
- Describe any financial circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship. In your answer be sure to describe any obstacles you have overcome to get to where you are today. What goals will this scholarship enable you to accomplish?
Note: To complete your application, you must upload PDF copies of the above documents.
How to Appy for Generation Google Scholarships for North America
- Go to Build Your Future With Google.
- Click on Scholarships.
- Select Generation Google Scholarships – North America.
- Click on Apply.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents.
Note: You can revisit your application to update it. However, you must do this before the application deadline.
Who gets the Generation Google Scholarships will depend on how committed each applicant is to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as how well they have shown they can lead and how well they have done in school.
For semifinalists, Google checks all applications, and all winners will receive the scholarship money immediately. Qualified students can use it for tuition and other school costs. A parent or legal guardian must sign the terms and conditions for applicants who are under 18 at the time of acceptance. Any scholar who stops meeting the requirements for eligibility will have their award taken away. And any scholar who stops meeting the requirements for eligibility will lose the scholarship. If applicants don’t meet the requirements by the deadline, the winner won’t be able to receive the award.
When is the Scholarship Deadline?
Applications for the Generation Google Scholarships open in the first quarter of the year.
- Lime Connect Scholarship Programs to Apply for
- Google Lime Scholarship Application Guide
- Generation Google Scholarship Application – Asia Pacific
- Google Disability Scholarship Program
- Fontana Transport Scholarship Programs