By offering scholarships and networking retreats to computer science students with disabilities, Google is dedicated to helping the future’s innovators make the most of their potential. One of the ways they do this is through the Google Lime Scholarship.
Below is an overview of the scholarship program:
About the Google Lime Scholarship
Google’s educational initiatives and scholarship programs aim to help students become the leaders of tomorrow by getting rid of the things that stop them from pursuing careers in computing and technology. As part of their commitment, they have joined forces with Lime Connect, a nonprofit that helps students with disabilities get an education and good jobs, to help college students with disabilities reach their academic goals in computer science.
How Much is the Google Lime Scholarship?
For the next academic session, qualified students will receive:
- 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or
- 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada)
Note: Scholarship recipients must use the scholarship award to cover tuition and other compulsory education expenses.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
You must meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for the Google/Lime Connect Scholarship. To qualify, applicants must:
- Have, or believe they have, a disability, visible or invisible.
- Be enrolled in a university as an undergraduate or graduate student for the current school year
- Plan to enroll in a university full-time in the United States or Canada for the next academic year
- Maintain a high level of performance in school
- Exhibit leadership qualities and a love of technology while obtaining a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- If you are a previous Google Lime scholar, you are not eligible to apply.
- Current high school students are ineligible.
What Documents Do I Need to Provide?
To complete your application, you must submit the following documents:
- A letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser, or supervisor
- Resume or CV
- Academic transcripts from your current and previous institutions (if you have earned a previous degree)
- Three short essays
How to Apply for the Google/Lime Scholarship
Lime Connect is the administrator of the Google Lime Scholarship. To apply, you must:
- Visit the Lime Connect website.
- Log in or join the Lime Network.
- Click on the application link.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit your application.
- Submit the required documents.
When deciding who gets the award, Lime Connect considers the overall quality of the essays and other application materials. Recipients of scholarships must be enrolled full-time for the next academic year. After the winners are chosen, their enrollment will be confirmed, and all scholarship money will be sent right away to their student account to pay for tuition and other school-related costs. Any scholar who stops meeting the requirements for eligibility will have their award taken away. Any scholar who stops meeting the requirements for eligibility will have their award taken away.
When is the Scholarship Application Deadline?
Applications for the Google Lime Scholarship open in the first quarter of this year.
Note: Applicants must endeavor to apply before the scholarship closing date.
- Generation Google Scholarship Application – Asia Pacific
- Google Disability Scholarship Program Reviews
- Fontana Transport Scholarship Programs
- Dell Scholarship Program Application Guide
- CVS Health Foundation Scholarship Programs