See how you can easily apply for the TMC scholarship using the guide provided below. Apply and get scholarship funds to study at any university of your choice.
Here is all you need to know about the TMC Scholars Program.
About the TMC Scholarship
In recognition of Donald D. Dawson’s visionary leadership, SAE and The Maintenance Council of American Trucking Associations have established this technical education fellowship. Dawson, as vice president of maintenance at Roadway Express, used SAE and TMC to try to bring together the goals of truck equipment users and manufacturers.
Dawson used his technical skills, vision, and foresight as a manager of transportation equipment to come up with workable solutions to problems with equipment and designs for vehicles. He helped his coworkers grow professionally because he was a dedicated student of his trade and technology for the rest of his life.
The scholarship’s goal is to help Dawson improve his highly regarded technical skills in transportation management.
Is the TMC Scholarship Open for Application?
Applications for the TMC scholarship open on February 1. The scholarship is open to US citizens only.
Follow the guide to complete your application below.
Who is Eligible for the TMC Scholarship?
To qualify for the TMC scholarship, you must meet all the requirements outlined below.
- The applicant must be a US citizen.
- Have a 3.25 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must be pursuing an engineering or related science degree through a U.S. ABET-accredited program.
- The applicant must provide evidence of some kind of practical automotive experience or activity, such as working with drones (such as the UAV Challenge), robots (such as FIRST, VEX), coding, or repairing automobiles, trucks, or tractors.
- Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation:
- one (1) that focuses on academics achievement and
- one (1) that shows your involvement in extra-curricular activities or employment.
How to Apply for the TMC SAE Scholarship
Follow this step-by-step guide to applying for the TMC SAE Donald D. Dawson scholarship:
- Go to the SAE International website.
- Go to Participate.
- Select Scholarships.
- Choose the TMC SAE Scholarship.
- Go to Application Form.
- Register an account (if you are a new user) or log in (if you are an existing customer)
- Apply for the scholarship.
Note: Your application is incomplete until you upload the required documents. (Check the required documents above.)
When is the TMC Scholarship Deadline?
Applications for the TMC/SAE Donald D. Dawson Scholarship will open on February 1 and close on February 28.
Note: Applicants must endeavor to apply before the scholarship deadline. There will be no extensions once the deadline has passed.