Do you have a passion for science and technology but no means to further your education? Here is good news for you. You can get free chances to further your education through the Toyota scholarship.
Here is all you need to know about the Toyota SAE Scholars program.
About the Toyota Scholarship
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America set up the Toyota/SAE Engineering Scholarship for University of Kentucky students to get more students interested in science and technology education and make connections between businesses, individuals, and educational institutions. One $2,000 scholarship will be given by SAE each year to an engineering student at the University of Kentucky.
Is the Toyota SAE Scholarship Open for Application?
Yes. Applications for the Toyota scholarships open on February 1. Students who are already enrolled in the University of Kentucky College of Engineering and are going into their second, third, or fourth year of study can apply for the scholarship.
Follow the outlined guide below to complete your application.
How Much is the Toyota Scholarship?
Qualified applicants will get a scholarship award of $2,000 each. The scholarship fund will cover tuition, books, supplies, and other compulsory fees.
Toyota Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for the Toyota SAE scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be a Kentucky State resident.
- Available to all candidates enrolled in the University of Kentucky College of Engineering who are beginning their sophomore, junior, or senior year of study.
- Candidates must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must be full-time students.
To complete your application, you must provide the following documents:
- The applicant must provide two (2) letters of recommendation:
- one (1) focusing on academic performance and
- one (1) describing membership in a club or student organization while in college, an internship, or employment related to your major or desired career path. If you participated in any of the following, please describe your engagement and your contributions: Teams from the SAE Collegiate Design Series, the UK College of Engineering’s K–12 Outreach, or the SAE Chapter.
- An essay that highlights your educational and career ambitions and why you should be the recipient of this scholarship opportunity.
How to Apply for the Toyota SAE Scholarship
Follow this step-by-step guide to applying for the Toyota/SAE Scholars Program:
- Go to the SAE International website.
- Go to Participate.
- Select Scholarships.
- Choose the Toyota Scholarship.
- Go to Application Form.
- Register an account (if you are a new user) or log in (if you are an existing customer)
- Apply for the scholarship.
- Note: Your application is incomplete until you upload the required documents.
When is the Scholarship Closing Date?
Applications for the Toyota/SAE Engineering Scholarship for Kentucky students will open on February 1 and close on February 28.
Note: Applicants must endeavor to apply before the scholarship deadline. There will be no extensions once the deadline has passed.