Ford is a leading company in automobiles and commercial vehicles. They also offer scholarships to students to help them further their education. Apply for the Ford scholarships using the guide provided below.
About the SAE/Ford Scholarships
The SAE/Ford Partnership for Advanced Studies Scholarship was founded by the Ford Motor Company Fund in 2007. High school students enrolled in Ford NGL Communities and Powered by Ford STEM Academies are eligible to apply.
Benefits of the Ford Motor Scholars Program
Ford Next Generation Learning brings together teachers, employers, and community leaders to help a new generation of young people get ready for college, a career, and life in general. This will help them compete successfully in the 21st-century economy.
How Much is the Ford Scholarship?
The SAE/Ford Partnership for Advanced Studies Scholarship gives qualified applicants $5,000 each year. The money from the scholarship can be used to pay for tuition, books, supplies, and other fees that have to be paid.
Ford Motor Scholarships Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for the Ford Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be US citizens
- Incoming Freshman
- The applicant must be pursuing an engineering or related science degree through a U.S. ABET-accredited program.
- Have a minimum unweighted 3.0 grade point average
- Applicants must be current/recent student participants in the Ford NGL Network and/or a Powered by Ford STEAM Academy
To complete your application, you need to provide these documents:
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- One (1) that focuses on academics, and
- One (1) that speaks to your involvement in extra-curricular activities or employment
How to Apply for the SAE/Ford Scholarships
Follow this guideline outlined below to apply for the SAE Ford scholarship.
- Visit the SAE International website.
- Go to Participate.
- Select Scholarships.
- Choose the program for which you want to apply.
- Click on Application Form.
- Register an account (if you are a new user) or log in (if you are an existing customer)
- Apply for the scholarship.
Note: Your application is incomplete until you upload the required documents.
When is the Ford Scholarships Application Date?
Applications for the Ford Scholarship open on February 1 and close on February 28.
Note: Applicants must endeavor to apply before the scholarship deadline. There will be no extensions once the deadline has passed.