There are thousands of scholarship opportunities available online. Now, you can further your education by paying next to nothing. The McDonalds HACER scholarship is the ideal program to apply for if you wish to pursue your education.
This guide shows you the requirements needed for your application and the application procedures.
About the HACER Scholarship
Up to 30 deserving Hispanic students from across the nation will receive scholarships through the McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship Program. The scholarship funds will help recipients pay for their college tuition. The criteria used to choose recipients include their academic success, involvement in the community, personal statement, and financial need. Hispanic students around the nation have received more than $33 million in McDonald’s HACER National Scholarships so far.
How Much is the McDonalds HACER Scholarship?
- Tier-1 recipients will receive up to $100,000.
- Tier-2 recipients will receive $20,000 or $10,000.
- Tier-3 recipients will receive $5,000.
The scholarship award will cover tuition fees, books and supplies, and other compulsory fees.
Who is Eligible for the McDonalds HACER Scholarship?
You must meet all the eligibility criteria to qualify for the McDonald’s scholarship.
- The applicant must be a legal U.S. resident or a DREAMer/DACA recipient
- A high school senior
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8
- Applicants must be younger than 21
- Must qualify to enroll in a full-time program at a two- or four-year college or university.
- Applicants must state any further scholarship applications they have made.
- In the academic year following your choice, you will enroll and attend a recognized institution (verification is needed, as scholarship funds are paid directly to the schools)
- At least one of your parents is of Hispanic ancestry.
What Documents Do I Need to Provide?
The following are the required documents needed for your application:
- Transcript of grades
- FAFSA report and/or 1040s
- Personal statement
- List of community service projects
- Letter of recommendation to be submitted online
How to Apply for the McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship
Follow this step-by-step guide to applying for the McDonald’s scholarship program.
- Go to the McDonald’s scholarship portal.
- Click on Apply to McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship.
- The application portal will open.
- Log in or create an account (if you are a new user)
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
- Financial need
- Academic achievement
- Involvement in community activities
- Personal statement
- Personal characteristics and strengths as demonstrated in a telephone or in-person interview
Other scholarships include:
- McDonald’s & TMCF scholarship
- McDonald’s Archway to Opportunity scholarship
- McDonalds HCBU Scholarships