Here is a scholarship program aimed at providing top-performing college freshmen with financial aid to further their studies. The TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship offers students up to $22,500 to cover their educational expenses.
Further, when you qualify for the TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship, you will have a chance to join the TE Connectivity team and explore your area of interest.
Here is an overview of the scholarship program:
About the TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship
TE Connectivity has developed a two-year scholarship program known as the African Heritage Scholarship.
The program offers a college scholarship along with opportunities for professional advancement, including a paid internship at TE Connectivity that must be completed within two summers after the sophomore year of college.
The administrator of the scholarship program is Scholarship America.
How Much is the African Heritage Scholarship?
After completing the paid summer internships, if the student is chosen as a recipient, they will receive a grant worth up to $22,500 annually over the following two years. There will be 14 awards in total.
The scholarship award will cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Books and supplies
- Transportation fees
- Other compulsory fees
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
The scholarship is open to college students who will be sophomores for the next academic year and who are studying Engineering (all disciplines), Operations Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Marketing.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Self-identify as Black or African American or multiracial
- Be enrolled full-time in undergraduate studies at an authorized four-year institution (in the United States) and intend to do so for the whole of the upcoming academic year.
- Have a GPA that is at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- The applicant must also be prepared to accept a paid internship with TE Connectivity for the summer of 2023.
TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship Application Requirements
To complete your application, you must submit the following:
- A complete, up-to-date transcript of grades. Reports of grades are not accepted. Transcripts must include the student’s name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course taken, as well as the term.
- One online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf.
- A copy of the latest 1040 tax filing
- You must submit an essay that answers this question: Please describe challenges you have faced and overcome as a student. How have they affected your academic performance and/or participation in school and community activities? What steps did you take to overcome these challenges? (max 1,000 characters)
How to Apply for TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship
Applications for the TE Connectivity Scholarship go through the Scholarship America website.
- Go to the Scholarship America Hub.
- Log in or sign up if you are a new user.
- Search for TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship.
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
Note: Your application is incomplete until you submit all required documents electronically.
TE Connectivity Scholarship Selection Criteria
The following will determine the applicant’s selection:
- Financial need
- Academic record
- Work experience
- Involvement in school and community activities
- Leadership qualities
- A statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- An online recommendation
- The essay (see the essay details above)
- TE Connectivity will request video interviews with the finalists and will select up to 14 recipients.
When is the TE Connectivity Scholarship Application Date?
Applications for the TE Connectivity African Heritage Scholarship open in August. Applicants should complete their application before the closing date.