Apply for the Coolidge Scholarship offered by the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation. Get free study opportunities to study at any accredited university in the U.S.
Below are the scholarship application guide and requirements.
What is the Coolidge Scholarship?
The yearly Coolidge Scholarship, administered by the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation, is a full-ride presidential scholarship that pays for four years of undergraduate education. Recipients may use the Coolidge award to study at any accredited institution or university in the US. Anyone from any background and learning in any academic field is eligible to apply to this nonpartisan initiative, which disregards financial need.
During their junior year of high school, students may apply for the Coolidge Scholarship. The Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury conducts interviews with the finalists during a finalist weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
The Coolidge Scholarship provides applicants with funds to cover their educational expenses. They include the following:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses
- Other pre-study allowances, e.g., books, supplies
Who is Eligible for the Coolidge Scholarship?
The Coolidge Scholarship is one of the nation’s “unconditional” merit awards. Students can qualify for the scholarship without consideration of their intended field of study, location, race, family background, or financial situation. The names of Coolidge Scholars are announced before they apply to universities, and they are free to use their prize at any approved U.S. college or institution to which they are admitted.
To qualify for the Coolidge scholarship, the applicant must:
- intend to begin their undergraduate studies full-time in the fall of 2024 at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- By the scholarship deadline applicants for the Coolidge Scholarship must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- The immediate family of any current trustee or employee of the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation or the Coolidge Scholars Program is not permitted to apply for a award.
Note: The scholarship is only available to U.S. citizens. International students are not eligible to apply.
- Scholars selected for Coolidge must have an outstanding academic record. Candidates that stand a chance of being selected will have pursued and completed the most challenging course of study available. Recipients will exhibit an unusual breadth of knowledge and intellectual zeal.
- Humility and service
- Interest in Public Policy and Appreciation of Coolidge Values
How to Apply for the Coolidge Scholarship
Follow this guide to apply for the scholarship:
- Go to the official Coolidge website.
- Click on Apply Today.
- Create a new account (if you are a new user). Existing users can log in with their email and password.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit supporting documents (including two letters of reference)
- Complete your application.
When is the Scholarship Deadline?
The scholarship application closes in February.
Note: Applicants must complete their application before the closing date of the application.
The results will be communicated to all candidates by the summer next year. By logging onto their application portal, applicants can view their results. Finalist Interview Weekend will take place in Woodstock, Vermont and historic Plymouth Notch, Vermont, and applicants who are selected as finalists will be contacted by phone and invited. The Coolidge Foundation will pay for one parent’s and one finalist’s travel and hotel expenses so they can attend Finalist Weekend.
Coolidge Scholarship Contact Details
Postal address: Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 97
Plymouth, Vermont 05056
Contact person: Rob Hammer – Director, Coolidge Scholarship
Phone number: 202-827-4291