Get free study opportunities in one of the best scholarship opportunities. As a US high school senior, you can apply for the Kia scholarship program known as The Great Unknowns scholarship.
Here is a guide on how to qualify and apply for the scholarship:
About Kia Scholarship
Kia America, Inc. launches a scholarship scheme to help students who want to study sciences, technology, engineering, the arts, or mathematics at the undergraduate level (STEAM).
The scholarship objective is to identify and honor students with an unbreakable spirit that motivates them and assists them in pursuing their academic aspirations.
For the past three years, Kia has had the privilege of giving college scholarships to a small number of exceptional high school students who excel in STEAM fields. The company’s mission is Movement That Inspires, based on the premise that the inspiration we find along the way in life may help us achieve great things.
Scholarship America®, the largest designer and manager of scholarships, tuition aid, and other education support programs for businesses, foundations, associations, and individuals, oversees the administration of this program.
Is the Kia Scholarship Open for Application?
Interested applicants can apply for the Kia Motors scholarship. The scholarship is open to all U.S. high school students who wish to apply.
Note: The first 500 applications received will only be taken into consideration. The application will close once applicants submit 500 applications. And you won’t be able to access your application beyond that point.
How Much is the Scholarship?
The student will receive a $5,000 award if they qualify as the winner.
- Applied Sciences
- Material Sciences
- Automotive Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Mechanical Sciences,
- Technical/Vocational Majors (involving machines, computers, and technologies)
- Applied Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering, etc
- Fine Arts
- Studio Arts
- Motion Pictures/Television, Entertainment Arts (other design-driven arts will be considered)
- Applied Math
Who is Eligible for Kia Great Unknowns Scholarship?
Awards are given without regard to a candidate’s race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, ability, or country of origin.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship application:
- Applicants must be seniors in a U.S. high school or self-taught, with written documentation (and be at least 16 years of age),
- Live in the United States,
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate studies for the entire forthcoming academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States,
- Intend to study a STEAM-related subject,
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.8 on a scale of 4.0 (or its equivalent),
- Indicate a need for money.
What are the Required Documents?
- A complete and current transcript of the applicant’s grades.
- An online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf.
If shortlisted, applicants must submit the following:
- Signed Code of Conduct Agreement
- Up to a two-minute video describing your irrepressible spirit and how the award will affect your future will suffice.
How to Qualify for Kia Great Unknowns Scholarship
- A 500-character application essay in which the applicant must respond to at least one of the following queries:
- How do you see your future contributions to society being significantly impacted by your STEAM college education?
- How do you see innovation and technology influencing your future plans and initiatives that could alter or advance the society in which you reside?
- Demonstrated leadership through high school activities, community involvements, and career background, demonstrated leadership
- Participation in community and school activities,
- Work history,
- Irregularities in one’s personal or familial life,
- Academic standing, and
- An online endorsement from a respected community member (i.e. pastor, employer, mayor, police officer, teacher, etc.).
How to Apply for Kia Scholarship
Kia Motors is in partnership with Scholarship America. To apply for the scholarship:
- Go to Scholarship America.
- Log in with your username and password to access the form. (Create an account if you are a new user)
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload supporting documents
- Wait for approval.