For young high-performing athletes under 18 years old wo wish to pursue sporting excellence in various fields, you can apply for the SOF Peter Lim Scholarship. Use the guide provided below to initiate your application without hassle.
Before you apply check to see if you meet the requirements for qualification.
Furthermore, if you are a current holder of this scholarship, see how you can renew your application for next year.
What is the Peter Lim Scholarship?
The SOF-Peter Lim Scholarship was established in June 2010 with a S$10 million grant from Mr. Peter Lim, a philanthropist, and sports fan. The gift continues to be the single largest individual donation to sports development in Singapore. Mr. Lim pledged an extra $10 million in 2019 to extend the scholarship from 2021 to 2030. He then reiterated his commitment.
The scholarship’s goal is to prevent any promising young athlete dedicated to pursuing their sporting goals from being constrained by financial constraints.
Is the SOF Peter Lim Scholarship Open?
Interested applicants can apply for the Peter Lim scholarship. The scholarship scheme will aid young athletes who deserve it and come from low-income families in achieving their sporting ambitions.
See the requirements for qualification below.
How Much Does the Scholarship Offer?
The scholarship scheme awards different cash amounts at different levels:
- Primary – S$500.00 per year
- Secondary – S$1,000.00 per year
- JC/IP/Tertiary – S$1,500.00 per year
- High Performance (U18) – S$2,500.00 per year
Who is Eligible for the SOF-Peter Lim Scholarship?
To qualify for the Peter Lim Scholarship award, the applicant must:
- Be talented athletes under the age of 18 who have competed for Singapore abroad, or
- Financially deserving athletes from primary, secondary/junior college, and university educational institutions.
Eligibility Requirements for Different Levels
For Primary/Secondary/Junior College/Tertiary Categories:
- Singaporean citizenship.
- Financially deserving.
- Has demonstrated exceptional performance in the years 2020 to 2022 in either age-group, inter-school/zonal (Primary category)/national, and/or national sports association-recognized competition/s of his or her selected sport.
- Must be of good character and conduct.
- Must have their application endorsed by their schools or the relevant National Sports Association.
- Agrees to be profiled in materials.
For High Performance (U18) Category
- Singaporean citizenship
- Will be under the age of 18 as of December 31, 2022,
- Has demonstrated commendable performance in regional or international sporting competition/s recognized by the relevant national sports associations in the year 2020 to 2022
- Is not a recipient of SpexScholarship,
- Must have his application endorsed by the relevant National Sports Association.
- Agrees to be profiled in materials produced/approved by the Singapore Olympic Foundation and to allow the use of his name.
- A complete application form approved by the applicant’s school or the NSA.
- School transcript photocopies from 2022; CCA records, competition results, and/or other certificates and awards received from 2020–2022 (if any); original or photocopies of relevant income documents and/or supporting documents from employers, CPF Board, IRAS, courts, professional and medical bodies, or relevant authorities.
- For those applying for the High-Performance U18 category, the National Sports Associations require a letter of support and an NSA Assessment form (NSAs).
How to Apply for the Peter Lim Scholarship
You can apply for the SOF-Peter Lim Scholarship online and finally, through the mail.
- Go to the Singapore Olympic Foundation Scholarship application portal.
- Select the SOF-Peter Lim Scholarship.
- Go to Application.
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- You will receive an email on the Completed Application Form submitted. Print out the form.
- Send a hard copy of the application form and the required paperwork to your school or the National Sports Association (NSA) for approval. A letter of support from the NSA and the NSA Assessment Form must be included for athletes competing for the National/National Youth Teams.
- Organize your supporting documents.
- Submit your application by mail to:
Singapore Olympic Foundation – Peter Lim Scholarship 2023
c/o Singapore National Olympic Council
3 Stadium Drive, #01-02
- Please put your application form in a sealed envelope if you are hand-delivering it. The office is housed within Sport Singapore’s facilities (beside Stadium MRT Station).
How to Renew your Scholarship Application
When the application period for the next year starts, current scholars who wish to apply for a renewal of their scholarship must submit a new application. Applicants who have been unsuccessful in prior selection processes are welcome to reapply if they still meet the eligibility requirements.
Peter Lim Scholarship Application Contact Details
Mr. Chay Keng Fai
Contact no.: +65 6702 5154