If you want a free opportunity to study engineering under the Singapore Armed Forces scholarship, here is the program for you. See how to qualify and apply for the SAF Engineering Scholarship using the details below.
See all you need to know about the Singapore Armed Forces Engineering scholarship program:
What is the SAF Engineering Scholarship?
The SAF Engineering scholarship was introduced beginning with the 2017 scholarship scheme. The Public Service Commission Singapore wants to give the scholarship to students who are passionate about using their engineering knowledge to keep Singapore technologically innovative and one step ahead of the competition both locally and internationally.
The award presents an early career opportunity in specialized engineering. The specialized engineering career track enables scholarship recipients to enhance their technical expertise early in their careers in the Defence and Security cluster.
Is the SAF Engineering Scholarship Out?
The Singapore Armed Forces scholarship application is open to applicants who wish to apply. Applicants must go to the MINDEF/SAF scholarship application portal to initiate their application.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
- Complete tuition fees and other approved academic expenses
- Maintenance fees
- Funding for books, clothing, computer
- Return airfare
- One-off sponsorship for summer exchange programs
- Sponsorship for up to 4 years of studies, inclusive of Master’s if applicable
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Material Science
- Naval Architecture
Who is Eligible for SAF Engineering Scholarship?
Both male and female citizens can apply for this scholarship. These students must be interested in studying engineering and working in the public sector.
- Singaporean citizenship or permanent residence
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level or International Baccalaureate results, Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
- Good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
What are the Required Documents?
Make sure these documents are ready before your application:
- Write a one-page essay on one of the following topics:
- If you have an audience with the Prime Minister tomorrow, what will you tell him?
- What kind of Singapore would you like to see in 15 years?
- What is one event in your life that has changed you as a person?
- What is one challenging incident or experience you encountered and how did you overcome or recover from the setback?
- CCA testimonials
- Educational certificates
- NAPFA Test slip (DMS and in-service personnel need not submit)
- 1 Front & Back copy of your NRIC or SAF 11B
- 1 colored passport-size photograph (for female applicants only)
Where Can I Apply for the SAF Engineering Scholarship?
You can apply on the MINDEF/SAF application portal: https://go.gov.sg/mindef-saf-scholarship. Fill out your application on the application form.
Then, email your application to:
Or email the hard copy of your supporting documents at:
Attn: MINDEF Scholarship Centre – Selection Section 5 Depot Road Defence Technology Tower B #08-07C Singapore 109681
How to Apply for SAF Engineering Scholarship
- Go to https://go.gov.sg/mindef-saf-scholarship
- Log in with your Singpass.
- Fill out the application form.
- Email your supporting documents to the addresses above.
When is the PSC SAF Scholarship Closing Date (Deadline)?
For male applicants, the scholarship application opens on September 1 and closes on April 30.
For female applicants, the scholarship application opens on April 1 to September 10.
SAF Engineering Scholarship Contact Details
Office address: MINDEF Scholarship Centre – Selection Section 5 Depot Road Defence Technology Tower B #08-07C Singapore 109681