Here is a free study opportunity on the Singapore military scholarships. You can apply for the SAF Academic scholarship using the guide below.
Here is all you need to know about the SAF scholarship and how to initiate your application without hassle.
What is the SAF Academic Scholarship?
SAF – Singapore Armed Forces
The SAF Academic Scholarship (formerly known as the SAF Overseas Scholarship, or SAFOS) is for people who believe that honor comes from doing one’s job and being present when it matters most. It is just behind the President’s Scholarship in terms of status. It provides excellent opportunities for both professional and personal growth, as well as training for the highest levels of management and leadership.
Is the SAF Academic Scholarship Out?
The SAF Academic scholarship is available for application. Applicants who apply for this scholarship must be interested in the peace and security of Singapore.
Participants in the SAF Scholarship program can engage in activities that directly contribute to Singapore’s security and peace. The scholars will hone their leadership, management, planning, and strategy skills through various command, instructional, and staff responsibilities.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
The SAF Academic scholarship provides funding for:
- Full salary during the entire study abroad year (including bonuses).
- Total tuition fees and other expenses related to education that is allowed.
- Upkeep and other costs: clothes, laptops, and books.
- Cost of roundtrip airfare.
- One-off support for summer exchange programs
- Funding for up to four years of study, and a master’s degree (if applicable).
- Arts / Social Sciences
- Computer Science
- International Relations
- Life Sciences
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Political Science
- Science / Natural Sciences
Which University Can I Study With the SAF Academic Scholarship?
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Yale University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Harvard University
- University of Chicago
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University College London
Who is Eligible?
Both males and females are eligible for the SAF Academic scholarship. The SAF scholarship only accepts outstanding Singaporean students as applicants.
What are the Elibility Requirements?
- Be Singaporeans citizens or permanent residents
- Become eligible for and succeed at officer cadet school
- Have good scores on the GCE ‘A’ Level, the International Baccalaureate, the Polytechnic Diploma with Merit, or an equivalent
- Powerful leadership skills
- Possess a significant interest in a career in the military
What Documents Do I Need to Provide?
You need to get these documents ready before the application:
- Singaporean Citizenship
- Singpass account information
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level, the International Baccalaureate, the Polytechnic Diploma with Merit, or an equivalent
- CCA results
Other documents are listed on the application portal.
Where Can I Apply for the SAF Academic Scholarship?
Applicants must go to the PSC website to apply for the Singapore Armed Forces Academic scholarship. On the PSC website, you will see the application form and the application information: documents and deadline.
How to Apply
- Go to the PSC website.
- Under Scholarships, select the one you want to apply for.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
After application, you need to apply and undergo assessments to qualify for the scholarship.
- Psychometric Assessments
- Game-Based Assessments
- Psychological Interview
When is the SAF Scholarship Closing Date?
The SAF Scholarship application opens on September 1 and closes on March 15.
SAF Academic Scholarship Contact Details
For inquiries, contact the Public Service Commission Singapore.
Office Address: National Library Building 100 Victoria Street #08-01 Singapore 188064