Do you want to apply for the PSC SAF scholarship? Do you want to contribute to the peace and security of Singapore? Then, you are in the right place.
Here, you will see all you need to know about the PSC SAF scholarship and its application procedures.
What is the PSC SAF Scholarship?
PSC – Public Service Commission
SAF – Singapore Armed Forces
The SAF Scholarship (formerly known as SAF Overseas Scholarship – SAFOS) is for individuals who see honor in service and duty – the noble purpose of being there where it matters most. It is second in status only to the President’s Scholarship. It offers fantastic chances for both professional and personal development, as well as preparing for the highest ranks of leadership and management.
What are the Benefits of the SAF Scholarship?
The SAF Scholarship gives recipients the chance to take part in activities that directly advance Singapore’s security and peace. The scholars will develop their leadership, management, planning, and strategy skills through a variety of command, instructional, and staff assignments.
Is the SAF Scholarship Out?
The PSC SAF scholarship is available to participants who wish to contribute to the peace and security of Singapore.
What Does the PSC SAF Scholarship Cover?
- For the duration of the study abroad year, full salary (including bonuses)
- Complete tuition costs and other permitted academic costs
- Maintenance and additional payments, such as for clothing, computers, and books
- Return flight costs
- One-off support for summer exchange programs
- Sponsorship for up to four years of studies, including, if applicable, a master’s degree funding
The United Kingdom:
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University College London
- University of Cambridge
The United States:
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of California, Berkeley
- Harvard University
- University of Chicago
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Yale University
SAF Scholarship Courses
- Arts / Social Sciences
- Computer Science
- International Relations
- Life Sciences
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Political Science
- Science / Natural Sciences
Who is Eligible for the PSC SAF Scholarship?
The SAF scholarship is available to both males and females. Applicants who wish to apply for the SAF scholarship must be exceptional Singaporean students. To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must possess excellent results and good co-curricular activity records.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for SAF Scholarship?
To be eligible for the SAF scholarship; applicants must:
- Be Singaporeans citizens or permanent residents
- Have good scores on the GCE ‘A’ Level, the International Baccalaureate, the Polytechnic Diploma with Merit, or an equivalent
- Powerful leadership skills
- Become eligible for and succeed at officer cadet school
- Possess a significant interest in a career in the military
What are the Required Documents?
- Singaporean Citizens
- Singpass account
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level, the International Baccalaureate, the Polytechnic Diploma with Merit, or an equivalent
- Good CCA results
All other documentary requirements will be stated on the application form.
How to Apply for the PSC SAF Scholarship
To apply for the SAF scholarship, you need to use the PSC scholarship application portal.
- Go to the PSC website.
- Under Scholarships, select the one you want to apply for.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
After application, you need to undergo assessments to qualify for the scholarship.
- Psychometric Assessments
- Game-Based Assessments
- Psychological Interview
When is the PSC SAF Scholarship Deadline?
The SAF Scholarship application opens on September 1 and closes on March 15.
Note: All applicants should apply before the closing date. The portal will not accept applications after the deadline. When you qualify for the scholarship, PSC will notify you of the next step to take.