Are you interested in military education? Take advantage of the SAF Merit scholarship scheme to study overseas in the UK and the US. Qualified applicants will be trained to manage your team’s performance and fulfill the demands of the new security environment.
Here is an overview of the SAF scholarships.
What is the SAF Scholarship all About?
The SAF Merit Scholarship provides you with top-notch education and training opportunities that will advance your operational knowledge and organizational competence. You will receive training to help you navigate the changing security landscape and inspire your team to accomplish the task.
Is SAF Merit Scholarship Out?
The SAF merit scholarship application is ongoing. Applicants can apply using the guide provided below. Before, you apply, check out the requirements needed for the application.
What Does the SAF Merits Scholarship Cover?
- For the duration of the courses, a monthly salary
- Maintenance and additional payments, such as for clothing, computers, and books
- Complete tuition costs and other permitted academic costs
- Return flight costs
- Support for summer exchange programs only once
- Sponsorship for up to four years of studies, including, if applicable, a master’s degree study
- One-off support for summer exchange programs.
List of Scholarship Courses
- Arts / Social Sciences
- Computer Science
- International Relations
- Life Sciences
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Political Science
- Science / Natural Sciences
List of approved universities in the UK
- University of Oxford
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University College London
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
List of approved Universities in the United States
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Harvard University
- Princeton University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- Yale University
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Who is Eligible for the SAF Merit Scholarship?
The SAF Merit scholarship is available for all Singaporean students with excellent CCA records and strong leadership qualities. To qualify, you must have a strong passion for a military career.
Below are the required documents for the SAF Merits scholarship application:
- Singaporean citizenship or permanent residence
- CCA records.
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level or International Baccalaureate results, Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
- One colored passport-size photograph
- NAPFA Test slip (DMS and in-service personnel need not submit)
- One Front & Back copy of your NRIC or SAF 11B
How to Apply
How to apply online:
- Go to https://go.gov.sg/mindef-saf-scholarship
- Log in with your Singpass.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
Note: to accompany the documents, you need to write and submit an essay on one of the following topics:
- What kind of Singapore would you like to see in 15 years?
- What is one event in your life that has changed you as a person?
- If you have an audience with the Prime Minister tomorrow, what will you tell him?
- What is one challenging incident or experience, and how did you overcome or recover from the setback?
How to apply by mail:
You can mail your application to:
Attn: MINDEF Scholarship Centre – Selection Section 5 Depot Road Defence Technology Tower B #08-07C Singapore 109681
How to apply by email:
Send an email to Ang_Lin_Min_Lynn@mindef.gov.sg, Tan_Weijun_Kenny@mindef.gov.sg, and Joyce_Tan_Hui_Leng@mindef.gov.sg with the Email Subject Title: [Scholarship(s) Applied] Application Documents – [Full Name] (example: SMS & DMS Application Documents – Ang Lin Min Lynn).
When is the Deadline (Closing Date)?
SAF merits scholarship deadline for males:
The application opens on September 1 and closes on April 30
SAF merits scholarship deadline for females:
The application opens on April 1 and closes on September 10.
Note: applicants should endeavor to apply before the closing date. The SAF Scholarship website will not accept any applications after the closing date.
SAF Scholarship Contact Details
Address: 5 Depot Road Defence Technology Tower B #08-07C Singapore 109681.