For South African high school students, you can qualify for scholarships to study for free within and outside the country. See the SANRAL high school scholarship application guide to initiate your application.
Here is all you need to know about the scholarship scheme.
What is SANRAL Scholarship?
SANRAL – South African National Roads Agency Limited
The South African government owns SANRAL, and the Minister of Transport is its representative. Integrity, Participativeness, Excellence, Care, and Pro-activeness are the company’s fundamental values, and its mission is to be a global leader in the provision of a superior national road network.
Also, the agency established a scholarship scheme to help increase students’ opportunities to pursue higher education. Hence, is provide free educational opportunities to students entering Grade 8 to Grade 12.
Is the SANRAL High School Scholarship Out?
Yes. High school students are encouraged to apply for the High School Scholarship for the next academic year through SANRAL. Any student entering grades 8 through 12 is eligible for the scholarship, regardless of their academic interests.
What Does the SANRAL High School Scholarship Cover?
The scholarship will pay for the following costs: application fees, tuition, boarding fees, books, office supplies, sports uniforms, transportation, and additional lessons.
After obtaining the school fee statements, the tuition will be paid directly to the institution. Other payments will be repaid to the parent or guardian if they submit a claim form, together with the original receipts for payment.
Who is Eligible for SANRAL Scholarship?
The SANRAL scholarship is available to South African high school students who are entering Grade 8 to 12. To qualify for this scholarship, the student must score a minimum overall average of 60% in the previous result.
What are the Requirements for the SANRAL High School Scholarship Application?
To qualify for the SANRAL high school scholarship, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a South African citizen
- Be entering Grade 8 to 12
- Score a minimum overall average of 60%
- Have a household income of less than R550 000 per annum
- Be registered to study at a recognized South African high school
What are the Required Documents for Application?
The following are the documents the applicants need to upload during their application.
- ID document or birth certificate
- June 2022 academic results
- Motivation letter written by the applicant, the applicant’s parents, and the school principal (2 pages max)
- Parent’s or guardian’s ID
- Parent’s or guardian’s proof of residence and proof of income
Where Can I Find the SANRAL Scholarship Application Form?
Applicants can get the SANRAL high school application form on the official SANRAL scholarship application portal. They need to fill out the application form and upload the required documents before the scheduled closing date.
How to Apply
- Download and fill out the application form.
- Submit your application form with clear copies of the required documents.
- Email your application to Gcina Sentletse: email@example.com. OR Post: 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria, 0081
When is the SANRAL High School Scholarship Application Deadline?
The SANRAL scholarship application closes on September 30. Applicants must endeavor to submit their applications before the closing date.
Note: any application initiated after the closing date will not be considered.
SANRAL Scholarship Contact