See how you can apply for the TETFund scholarships using the guidelines below. To initiate your application, you need to go to the official TETFund scholarship application portal.
Here is an overview of the TETFund scholarship scheme.
What is TETFund?
TETFund – Tertiary Education Trust Fund.
Act No. 7 of 1993, as amended by Act No. 40 of 1998, initially created the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) as the Education Trust Fund (ETF). It is an intervention organization created with the primary goal of using money and project management to revitalize, restore, and consolidate tertiary education in Nigeria. It supports all levels of public tertiary institutions.
How is TETFund Funded?
The two percent education tax collected from the assessable profit of companies registered in Nigeria is the principal source of funding available to the Fund. The tax is assessed and collected on behalf of the Fund by the Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS).
TETFund Scholarship Scheme
TETFund offers scholarships for different programs.
- Undergraduate scholarships
- Postgraduate scholarships
- Masters scholarships
- TETFund scholarships for doctorate degrees
- TETFund scholarship for non-academic staff
To apply for each scholarship, you must initiate your application on the TETFund official website. Follow the guide below to apply successfully on the TETFund application portal.
How Much is the TETFund Scholarship Worth?
- The TETFund undergraduate scholarship value is ₦1,200,000
- Postgraduate scholarship value is ₦1,200,000
- TETFund master’s degree scholarship value is ₦1,500,000
- TETFund scholarship for Ph.D. students is worth ₦1,500,000
Who is Eligible for the TETFund Scholarship?
The following are the requirements for the TETFund scholarship for academic staff.
- The applicant must have admission to study for the said program in the supported universities.
- They must be a Nigerian academic employee working at and selected by a recipient institution full-time.
- Applicants must not be under any other scholarship at the time of application.
- Must be medically fit.
What are the Requirements for the TETFund Scholarship Application?
- Admission Letter
- Filled TETFund Nomination Form
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of the applicant
- Bond Form
- Medical Certificate
- Bank Details.
TETFund Scholarship Application Guide
The TETFund application is done online. All applicants should go to the official application portal for the TETFund scholarship. On the portal, you are to choose the program you are applying for and fill out the form.
Follow this step-by-step guide.
- Go to the TETfund official platform.
- Go to Innovations.
- Select the scholarship for the program for which you are applying.
- Go to the submission portal.
- Fill out the form.
- Upload the supporting documents.
When is the TETFund Scholarship Application Deadline?
The deadline for the TETFund scholarship application depends on the program for which you are applying. When you are submitting your application, you will see the deadline for the scholarship.
Note: Endeavor to submit your application before the deadline. The organization will not accept your application after the closing date.