Are you looking for a DAAD scholarship program suitable for you? See the guide to the DAAD scholarship application. Browse through the list of programs available and apply for the one that best suits you.
Below is a review of the DAAD scholarship platform.
About DAAD Scholarships
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) created the DAAD scholarship program to support 100,000 students and researchers from Germany and beyond. It is the world’s largest funding organization.
Every year, the German Academic Exchange Service award these students scholarship opportunities to visit universities and non-university research institutions in Germany. The organization also funds internships in some of these scholarship programs.
What are the Benefits of the DAAD Scholarship?
When you qualify for the DAAD scholarship, you get to enjoy some amazing benefits. Apart from the fully funded education and research, you also enjoy:
- research allowance
- health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- funds for language courses.
- travel allowance
- family benefits
The benefits you get to enjoy depend on the scholarship program you qualify for.
Who is Eligible for the DAAD Scholarship Program?
The DAAD scholarships are generally available to all except those who have lost their German citizenship. So if you are a graduate, doctoral student, or postdoc wishing to study in Germany, you can apply for the DAAD scholarship program.
Programs Available on DAAD Scholarships
On DAAD, there are over 180 scholarship options available to applicants. You will find different programs for different levels. On DAAD, you will find:
- Ph.D. scholarship programs
- Master’s degree scholarship programs
- Hilde Domin Programme for students and doctoral candidates who may lose their right to an education or other privileges in their place of origin.
What are the Requirements for DAAD Scholarship Application?
Before you apply for any scholarship program, check to see if you meet the required criteria.
Here are the requirements for the DAAD scholarship programs. The applicant must:
- Provide a hand-signed CV and letter of motivation
- Have at least two years of work experience
- Have an IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, and 80 internet-based) for courses taught in English. And a DSH 2 or Test DaF 4 certificate for courses taught in German.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from the employer.
- Provide proof of employment from the employer.
- Fill out and provide the application form.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships | Application Guide
After choosing the program suitable for you, you need to send the application directly to the university you are applying. To choose a suitable program for you, go to the scholarship database on the official DAAD application platform.
Where Can I Download the Application Form?
Application forms are available on the official DAAD application portal.
- Go to the DAAD application portal.
- Click on Finding Scholarships.
- Click on Application Procedure.
- You will find the application form there.
When is the DAAD Scholarship Deadline?
When you select a scholarship, check the overview of the program to see its deadline.
Note: you can’t apply after the closing date.
Other Scholarship Programs